Carers Liason and Support Project (CLASP)
CLASP is a project managed by North Lanarkshire Council. CLASP provides support and information to carers living in Wishaw Locality in North Lanarkshire.
CLASP helps carers by:
- providing one to one carers support to individual carers
- supporting carers to access the help needed to sustain a manageable caring role
- making carers aware of their rights to a Carers Journey profile of needs as a carer in order to maintain an effective caring role for the person being cared for
- referring carers who require extra supports to the appropriate service
- supporting carers during carers review meetings
- raising awareness of current legislation regarding carers
- providing a forum for carers to meet with other carers in small groups to discuss issues and help support each other
CLASP works in partnership with Wishaw Murdostoun and Fortissat Consortium, Getting Better Together Service, North Lanarkshire Council's Integrated Day Services, Wishaw Locality Support Services, Addictions Teams, Children & Families, Community Care, Rehabilitation Mobility Officers, Social Workers, CMHT, Occupational Therapists, NL Leisure, Acute and Community NHS partners, and third sector organisations supporting carers which includes: North Lanarkshire Carers Together, Lanarkshire Carers Centre, Lanarkshire Links, Disability Forum, Alzheimer's Scotland, Equals Advocacy, Partners in Play, Action for Children Young Carers Project, VANL, VOEF, and a host of other partner agencies supporting carers in North Lanarkshire.
Are these details up to date?
If not, contact us at Voluntary Action North Lanarkshire and we'll amend it.